xample has the following configuration:
* Linux Server 1 = the machine I want to connect to from outside... on, but the firewall has no open ports.
* Linux Server 2 = a linux machine (running ''sshd'') that I can... ure that ''GatewayPorts yes'' is present in Linux Server 2's ''/etc/sshd/sshd_config'' file. If it isn't ... shd''.
- Use an ssh client and connect to Linux Server 1.
- Execute this command: ''ssh -nNT -R 3333:
===== Server-side Permission Problems =====
Recently I saw a "permission denied" error in my SVN logs afte... e an expired user ID or something is wrong on the server. I checked the user ID and found no problems. So I scanned the server and found the following. (Note: I'm recreating the symptoms here by hand-ed... nce the error, but you get the idea).
root@server# cd /srv/svn/repos/db
stem that Sun developed. Great demo! They had a server on the stage with a collection of external drives... ith a sledge hammer. Pieces went flying, and the server kept running. A second developer used a cordless... oint out the web and EJB containers inside an app server. He went on to show some code that illustrates v... cally while writes can be passed thru to a remote server)
* SASL authentication support
* branch re-in
d services exposed to the internet on my personal server, so I was surprised when I learned that I get sev... g'' file.
2009-05-11 21:08:42,110 fail2ban.server : ERROR Unexpected communication error
2009-05-11 21:08:42,124 fail2ban.server : ERROR Unexpected communication error
2009-05-11 21:08:42,125 fail2ban.server : ERROR Unexpected communication error
2009-05-11 21:08:42,127 fail2ban.server : ERROR Unex
icrosoft introduced Software RAID in Windows 2000 Server, and Linux added RAID support in early 2001. Th... t on I/O-bound servers like a database or a media server, it really matters.
==== The Test ====
Wikipedi... ile Systems]] led me to 3 candidates for my media server: EXT3, JFS, and XFS. EXT3 is the default filesy... But which one has the best performance on a media server? I decided to perform a common set of tests on a
JBI, SIP, etc...). Will be available as a media server for set-top use, and as a small device server fo... s handled from the outside((for example, by a web server using BASIC Auth, or an app server using [[http:/...
* applets can only communicate with their host server
* applets can't do anything computationally int... a web application deployed to a running glassfish server, and displayed the content of a JSP in a web brow
ere are 3 main folders to backup in XE:
* the server files (stored in ''<install dir>/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/dbs'')
* the user files (stored in ''<install dir>/oradata/XE'')
* redo log fi... /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/dbs \
/... * ''/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/config/scripts/backupdatabase.sh''
needed to run an SVN repository on a Windows 2003 Server machine. Installing SVN was pretty simple, but S... swer is...it can, with the help of the Apache web server and some modules. So I installed Apache and star... AV svn
AuthName "SVN Server"
SSPIAuthor... e tag means that access will occur at ''http://my.server.com/svn/repos'', and the repository will exist on
<param name="File" value="server.log" />
<param name="Threshold" value="INFO" />... me two features I wanted:
* a log file called ''server.log'' that is rotated every night (with historical logs named ''server.log.[current date]'')
* another log file called ''stats.log'' with similar p... the content of ''stats.log'' was showing up in ''server.log''.
After a little bit of research, I discove
===... 3.1/95 and OS/2 workstations and a Novell Netware server. Programming environments included Borland C++,
A Berkeley DB error looks like this in the server-side logs:
[Mon Jun 02 13:17:38 2008] [error] [... min help'' produces a useful message:
root@server# svnadmin help
general usage: svnadmin SUBCOMMAND... ' produces even more helpful details:
root@server# svnadmin help recover
recover: usage: svnadmin r... s
So I run the obvious command:<code>root@server#svnadmin recover /srv/svn/repos</code>
and all is
time to upgrade. :-) I've built a more powerful server and I want to transition everything to it. I need to move all my data at once to the new server because I don't have enough space to run two servers... hows. Hence, the set of files I copied to my new server become stale within hours. I need a way to synch